ANC Gauteng suspend its political calendar in support of the restrictions put in place by our National Government to fight Covid-19 Epidemic
The African National Congress in Gauteng has resolved to suspend its political calendar in supports of measures announced by the National Government to fight the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19 in the country following the World Health Organisation’s declaration that Coronavirus/COVID19 outbreak is a global pandemic.
This decision was taken during a Special ANC PEC meeting after receiving the latest detailed briefing from Gauteng Provincial Government Steering Committee led by Dr Bandile Masuku on the state of the Province's readiness to deal with the outbreak of Coronavirus/COVID19.
The Special PEC meeting agreed that all mass based political programs/activities like BBGM's or Conferences are all suspended with immediate effect until further notice.
ANC Gauteng support decison made by Provincial Government in closing all public facilities like Community Halls, Libraries and Arts centers and its move to swiftly establish a WAR ROOM to pay close attention to this pandemic.
The Special PEC meeting also call on communities to set up community-based action groups to focus on reducing the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19 and urge everyone to follow these basic protective measures against Coronavirus/COVID19:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol base hand sanitisers;
• Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing;
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth;
• Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose the used tissue immediately;
• Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms;
• If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early;
We apologise to members of the organization for the inconvenience caused by the suspension of the political calendar and its activities but it is unavoidable and the suspension is for the benefit of everyone's health.
ANC Gauteng urges everyone to refrain from circulating fake and wrong information about Coronavirus/COVID19 because it causes unnecessary panic amongst the people. Furthermore ANC Gauteng urges government and non profit organisations to intensify educational programmes on Coronavirus/COVID-19.
Issued by the ANC Gauteng Province
For more information:
Head of Communication / PEC Spokesperson
ANC Gauteng Province
082 545 5553
Connect with us on:
* Twitter - @ancgplcaucus
* Facebook - @ANCCaucusGPL
* Instagram - @anccaucus_gpl
*You Tube - ANC GPL Caucus